Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
I have much to be thankful for, not just today, but every day. Here are some of the things that come to mind. (By all means not an exhaustive list 🙂 )
I thank God for…
- first and foremost, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His unmerited grace toward me. For forgiveness.
- for the most amazing woman in the world, who 22 years, 5 months, and 20 days ago became my wife. Why God chose to bless me with someone so amazingly wonderful, is beyond me. I love her more each day.
- for blessing us with 8 beautiful, amazing kids. Our quiver is definitely full and we are truly blessed.
- for a great home, clothing and food to feed this crew
- for the amazing opportunity to pastor an amazing church
- for the privilege of being a part of God’s Kingdom work. Why he chose me, I’ll never know.
- I am thankful for many friends from many different places over the course of many years.
- for many trials and challenges this year, which God has used to stretch me, grow me and strengthen my faith (James 1:2-12)
- for facebook which has reconnected me with lots of people
- for Dr. Pepper
- for chocolate milk
- for Chick-fil-A and Moe’s
- football, baseball, golf
- good health for me and my family
- Jehovah-Jireh, The Lord Provides…as He has always met our needs
- People at The Ridge who volunteer and serve so faithfully every week. Amazing group of volunteers! You all are the heart and soul of this church.
- Those who have partnered with us in this vision from the beginning through prayer and financially. Most of these folks have never actually been to a worship gathering @ The Ridge, but have been faithful supporters. We would not be where we are without them.
- The Lord providing for my oldest to be at college,,,and most recently a job for next semester for her.
- My extended family
- a friend who provided a much needed vacation spot for our family this past summer
- living in the greatest country in the world
- for those men and women who are serving in our military to defend our freedom and protect our nation. Also for their families who make such great sacrifices for us. Thank you!
- Did I mention Grace? Absolutely.
God is truly blessed me beyond what I deserve. May He bless you too. Happy Thanksgiving.