Today I marked something OFF my prayer list that I have een waiting to do so for over a year. I am so thankful to the Lord and we as a church are blessed. I praise Him for His provision for us. This Sunday, will be the first day for our new Creative Arts Pastor, Jerry Davison! We are increadibly blessed to have Jerry with us. He was in the office for a little while yesterday, and it was such a blessing to have him there, even for just a couple of hours. This spot has been vacant since Doug Garvin left to plant Canvas Church in Savannah in April of 08. We have had some incredible volunteers carry this ministry team. They have done an amazing job! We are truly a blessed church to have such talented people. We also have had several people step in and lead over the last several months. Some for one or two Sundays, some for a month, some for several months. All of which God used to lead us here @ The Ridge. I am grateful for God’s provision and blessings.
Here is some more detailed info about Jerry:
Jerry & Cheryl Davison responded to God’s call and moved from Woodstock, GA in 2002 to help start a church in Las Vegas. It was a huge step of faith to sell everything and move their entire family across the country. Yet they did…and God blessed them! After two years of simply volunteering and serving at Hope Baptist Church in Las Vegas, Jerry was asked to join their staff full-time, where he has served in the Creative Arts & Media Arts positions for the last 5 years.
- Jerry has been responsible for all media, graphics, video production, drama, print design, and helps in the music and worship production at Hope.
- Prior to this ministry in Las Vegas, Jerry served in various volunteer ministry roles at First Baptist Church of Woodstock.
- He was “ghost-writer” of the biography From The Poolroom To The Pulpit for Dr. Johnny Hunt (Pastor FBC Woodstock and President of the Southern Baptist Convention)
- Through the late 80s and 90s he was the lead singer and founder of the Christian band Jacob’s Trouble.
- Jerry has written several songs, including These Thousand Hills which was recorded by the Grammy Award winning band Third Day
- He is a published writer and great communicator, teacher and speaker. Jerry has taught and spoken to college students and teenagers as well as adults in various churches, retreats, etc.
- He is a very well-rounded musician; singing, writing music, playing drums and other instruments.
- In addition to his duties in Creative Arts at Hope, Jerry and Cheryl were active in teaching and leading small groups and Bible studies. They are especially passionate about marriage enrichment, helping couples to grow together in their relationship with Christ and have even written a marriage curriculum.
- Jerry’s passion is to minister in the local church and use his gifts to lead people to Jesus Christ and to grow as His disciples.
- Cheryl is a Registered Nurse part-time and a dedicated mom and wife full-time
- Jerry is more than a musician, He is a teacher, and a leader. We are very blessed for the Lord to lead Jerry & Cheryl to The Ridge!
I am excited to have Jerry and his wife Cheryl and their three children with us @ The Ridge. I can’t wait to see what God is about to do! I am truly glad to have marked that off my prayer list! Thank you Lord!