Yesterday was a good day @ The Ridge as we joined with 1800 other churches and 1 million people all around the world in the One Prayer Campaign . All these churches are uniting to teach on one central theme during this month: “God Is…” Yesterday, we talked about God is BIG. I am excited to be a part of this and the next two weeks will be awesome! Don’t Miss It!
Here are some highlights of yesterday:
- It was HOT in the school when we arrived for set-up! They are shutting down the schools on Fridays this summer, so I guess that just makes it one more day without the building being cooled. I just takes it that much longer to cool down. We were pretty cool by the time we left. Oh, well. 🙂
- We restarted something that we had done when we first started The Church @ The Ridge, but had kinda gotten away from. We got busy and were getting the tasks of setting up and getting ready physically, but we quit gathering together for prayer. We used to alwyas gather everyone on campus to pray before we started the gatherings on Sundays. It was one of those things that we kinda let “leak”. My fault, totally. We have been praying in pockets, but not all together. That has changed. Yesterday we started…or restarted…meeting at 8:45am in the atrium, everyone on campus, for prayer. It was good. I can’t wait to see what God will do and how this will grow. Ridgers, if you are a volunteer or not, join us. Anyone is invited for a 10 minute gathering to pray over the day.
- typical summer crowd, but better than I expected. Giving was VERY low, however. Thank you to all of you who gave so faithfully yesterday. If you are a Ridger and are traveling or out of town this summer, please take advantage of our online giving. Staying faithful and obedient to the Lord in your giving is essential…even in the summer. 🙂
- The Faith Initiative giving is steady so far. Let me encourage you to follow through on those commitments too. The first steps will take place as God provides. Thanks for your sacrificial commitments!
- After the 11AM gathering, I got to go to lunch with my friend and fellow pastor/church planter Russ Butcher from The Church @ The Grove in Loganville. It was good to hang out with Russ. He and his family came and visited with us @ The Ridge, then we had a chance to talk about some stuff they are about to do @ The Grove that we just went through. It was a good time of fellowship and very encouraging.
- Yesterday evening, I also got to kick off a great new summer study series for dads called Raising A Modern Day Knight, by Robert Lewis. I am really excited about this group! It is all about dads raising sons and Robert Lewis’ teaching on this is incredible. If you are a dad with a son, there is still time for you to get in on this group. We will have session 1 on Sunday June 28th at 5:30pm. If you are interested send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Last night after that group, I went to the second part of our Discovery Partnership Class. Three more families joined the Ridge! Out of that group, 3 will be baptized in the coming weeks! That’s exciting! That never gets old! Needless to say after that full of a day, I was pretty tired. That’s why I didn’t post until today.
- In out teaching time @ The Ridge yesterday morning, we talked about how BIG God is, but how big his love is and how amazing His grace is. We talked about how God IS a BIG God, but He desires a relationship with us that is INTIMATE. We saw this intimate relationship described by Jesus in John 15:1-11.
- God is SO big, yet He loves you and I as individuals in an intimate, personal way. How can a God who is so big that “He measures the universe with the span of His hand” according to Isaiah, be so personal that He would send His only Son to die and pay the penalty for MY sin, just so I could have that relationship with Him I was created for? Amazing! Amazingly BIG love from an indescribably BIG God. Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound!
- How big is this universe that He measures with his hand? Check this out: